Rameshwaram temple is located in the Rameshwaram (Tamil Nadu). Famous Rameshwaram Jyotirlinga is the one of country’s twelve Jyothirlingams.
Aarti Timing Of Rameshwaram Temple
Temple Opening Time 5:00 AM and Closing Time 9:00 PM.
1. Palliyarai Deepa Arathana 05:00 A.M
2. Spadigalinga Deepa Arathana 05:10 A.M
3. Thiruvananthal Deepa Arathana 05:45 A.M
4. Vila Pooja 07:00 A.M
5. Kalasanthi Pooja 10:00A.M
6. Uchikala Pooja 12:00 NOON
7. Sayaratcha Pooja 06:00 P.M
8. Arthajama Pooja 08.30 P.M
9. Palliyarai Pooja 08:45 P.M
History of Rameshwaram Temple
The Rameshwaram temple have got this name because, Lord Rama worshiped Lord Shiva, Lord Rama is here on return from Sri Lanka. According to ancient hindu texts, after killing Ravana Lord Rama returned with his wife Seetha to India first stepping on the shores of Rameswaram. To expiate the “Sin” of killing a brahmin (Ravana), Lord Rama wanted to offer worship to Lord Shiva. There was no temple in Rameswaram. Lord Rama send Lord Hanuman to Kailash to bring an idol of Lord Shiva.